I finally got organized enough to participate in Stasha’s Monday Listicles again. Today’s topic was chosen by The Mommy Padawan. She actually chose 2 topics but I’ve decided to go with the second one: You have 48 hours free of all responsibilities and unlimited cash, what 10 things would you do, places you’d go, etc.
As usual, I over-analyzed this scenario and couldn’t decide what to do, so I came up with a couple of scenarios. Not to mention that if I had unlimited funds, I honestly wouldn’t know what to do with myself because I’ve never even come remotely close to that lifestyle. Ok, anyways, enough yammering…
1. I would arrange to fly my parents down so they could hang out with Donut for my free 48 hour pass. She adores her grandparents and they are the only ones she doesn’t freak out on when I leave.
2. Then, I’d sleep in until the unheard of hour of 8 AM.
3. I’d roll out of bed and roll myself to the spa where I’d indulge in a massage, mani-pedi, a facial and a hairstyle. Mama hasn’t indulged in beauty in a loooong time.
4. Lunch somewhere fancy. I don’t know where because I’ve never done anything fancy for lunch, but I’m sure you can imagine it. I.e. no turkey sandwiches for lunch today!
5. After lunch, I’d have a driver (oh yeah, I hired a driver, btw) drive me to the Fancy Schmancy mall here in town where I’d have an appointment with a personal shopper who’d outfit me in the latest styles. No yoga pants would be involved, I promise.
6. Dinner at another Expensive Restaurant with my husband. Unless we were in a tiff that day, in which case I’d call my best girlfriends and we’d go have yummy appetizers and drinks at the hippest downtown lounge.
7. OR. Scenario #2 would involve waking up super early to catch a flight to NYC, one of my favorite cities.
8. As soon as I’d arrive, I’d meet up with my friend Jen and we’d go explore the city and by explore, I mean shop our little hearts out. Can you tell I’m desperate for a new wardrobe?
9. Afterwards, you guessed it, I’m heading to an Expensive Restaurant (clearly I have no clue what it’s like to eat at a place that doesn’t have high chairs and entrees over $10.99 with complimentary chips and salsa).
10. And the best part is taking in some Broadway shows. I love Broadway shows and could watch them all day long. In fact, that’s what I’ll do the next day before heading home.
Ok, but honestly? Writing this list was really, really hard. I don’t really care for fancy restaurants, I’m not into designer clothing. The only thing I love is travel. But when it comes down to it–I just want to spend time with my family.
But I would pay good money to have the house cleaned.