I was chatting with my friend Alexandra on Twitter this week, telling her that I’d been up and down for quite some time now. She confessed that she too, still struggles some mornings with depression.
We talked about how to get through those rough days and what we can do to make ourselves feel better. She then challenged me to focus on serving others and to also write a blog post about the small things we do to bring a smile & some calm to our anxious hearts.
I know many of my blogging friends are struggling with depression, anxiety and PPD and I want to invite you to share what you do on those dark days to let some light in. Maybe we can encourage one another and share some great ideas.
Here are a few of the things I like to do that give me a little bit of a boost when I’m feeling low:
1. Curl up with my Kindle and read a fun novel.
2. Cook. Making something fancy makes me feel accomplished.
3. Enjoy a glass of wine with a piece of dark chocolate.
4. Sit on the couch with Mr. DIY and watch TV.
6. Wear a deep red shade of lipstick.
7. Do a craft: sew, knit, crochet.
8. Hug my baby girl.
9. Read Ann Voskamp’s blog.
10. Sit or walk in the sun.
Now it’s your turn to share your simple feel good trick. Let’s share with the other moms and lift each other up.